Located on Ireland's west coast, County Galway is full of scenic drives (hello Wild Atlantic Way), 8 blue flag beaches, miles of Irish bogland, and so much more, that it is no surprise that County Galway is one of the most visited counties each year.
The famous Connemara National Park is well worth strapping up your boots and stomping around with your four-legged best friend, just make sure that they are on a lead.
If you can't wait to book your next holiday in Ireland with your four-legged co-star, we have the scoop!
Below are some of the best pet-friendly Galway hotels that are the ideal base for exploring all that County Galway has to offer.
Recognized as Ireland's most pet-friendly hotel, The Twelve offers 3 dog-friendly deluxe suites where your pup can enjoy all the amenities of their "Pampered Pet Program" which treats your pup with 5-star service. While at the hotel, make sure to take your pup's photo in their famous dog-friendly corner - you will find a special dog-friendly sofa, leashes, collars, waste bags, and treats. Don't miss out on dining at their dog-friendly restaurant, The Pins Gastro-Bar, where you can order your dog something off their chef-designed doggie menu with starters, main course, and dessert! This pet-friendly hotel is highly sought after so make sure you reserve your room far in advance!
- Dog Size - Height restriction of 30”
- Additional Fee - None, dogs stay FREE!
- Deposit - €50 per night for pet-friendly suites. This is refundable/transferrable up to 10 days prior to arrival.
- Breed Restrictions - As a courtesy to our other guests, there are restrictions on certain breeds of dogs under the 'control of dogs act 1998’
- Dog Limit Per Room -1 dog per deluxe suite
- Dog-Friendly Amenities - Pet beds are provided upon request. They offer a welcome bag with pooch-friendly toys, a snack, clean-up bags, and information on dog walks. Food and water bowls are provided.
- Allowed Areas - Dogs are allowed in the public areas of the hotel but must be kept on a lead.
- Health Requirement - You must have an up-to-date health certificate for your pet from the vet
- What to pack - You will need to bring your own dog food but can order dishes off the doggie menu as a special treat.